Can it get anymore patriotic than this!? Red, white, and blue with two cherry pierced with a sparkler for the garnish. This cocktail is the Fourth of July in a cup!
Happy & Hydrated Fourth of July!
America loves to be outdoors on the 4th of July. Barbecues, boat days, beach, pool, you name it we’re about it! We used Gatorade as our mixer of choice in this cocktail because we wanted to use something that can double as a hangover battling, hydrating remedy. The fact that Gatorade comes in red, white, and blue is an even bigger bonus!
Fifty States Vodka
From the label to the ingredients, Fifty States Vodka is the perfect example of an all American brand.
“Fifty States Vodka was created to honor our beautiful country and to remind us to embrace virtues of creating with care and supporting our neighbors.” – Fifty States Vodka
Their vodka is made from 100% sweet American corn, and it is bottled and produced in the USA. It is also gluten-free, which means even gluten intolerant Americans can enjoy this smooth 6 times distilled vodka.
- 6 ounces Cherry Glacier Gatorade: This one comes in two versions. You can keep the calories low by getting the Zero version.
- 1½ ounce Fifty State Vodka: This vodka is made from 100% sweet American Corn and is gluten-free.
- Cool Blue & Fruit Punch Gatorade ice cubes: Use and ice mold to freeze the blue and red Gatorade overnight.
- Cherries: For the garnish
- Birthday cake sparkler candles: We found these in the baking section of our local grocery store.
- Fill an ice mold with blue and red Gatorade and let freeze over night.
- In a tall glass add the Gatorade ice cubes.
- In a shaker tin add vodka and white Gatorade.
- Shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain over Gatorade ice cubes
- Garnish with 2 cherries pierced with a birthday cake sparkler candle.
- Gatorade comes in so many flavors! Use different flavors of Gatorade to create new and exciting cocktails!
- Use regular ice. If you are pressed for time, use regular ice cubes and mix the different flavors of Gatorade directly in the shaker tin.
- Powerade. If you can’t find the colors you need in Gatorade, try using Powerade instead.
When to Serve Star Spangled Punch
- Fourth of July, Memorial Day: This red, white, blue, and star spangled cocktail was made for holidays like these.
- Outdoor activities: Poolside, barbecues, or boat days are the perfect time to whip up some Star Spangled Punch.
What to Serve with a Black Russian
- Summer fruits: A platter with some watermelon and blueberries will not only compliment the cocktail, but also fit a the color scheme of a Fourth of July party.
- Barbecue: This fruity punch cocktail goes great with whatever you throw on the grill.